Wednesday, April 29, 2009

1000 days, 1000 dreams

I am not known to be a dreamer but I do have a dream for MGS Ipoh , the place where I have spent 1000 days of my life. My dream is that our school be the school of choice in Ipoh for teachers and students. I would very much like to see MGS as a school where teachers want to come in to serve because it is the place where they can draw out the potential in every child here . It is a place where they, the teachers can play a part in shaping lives, where they are always appreciated for the little extras that they put in everyday. It is a place where they can add value to the lives that they touch. And this is what I see in the teachers in MGS.

And the girls ...... My dream is that parents will say with certainty ," Yes, MGS or no school for my daughter !" Not because it is a premier school, not because of its wonderful surrounding, but because we, the teachers, are serious with what our duties, that our care and concern for the girls go beyond the 4 walls of the classarooms.

It was the dream of someone 112 years ago, the dream of providing education for girls in Ipoh that has put MGS Ipoh where it is today. It was the dream of Rev Horley that has produced numerous wonderful MGS girls who are known for their discipline and readiness to serve.

1000 days, 1000 dreams !!! I 'd like to invite everyone , teachers, students and parents to join me and share your dreams for our school !


Thank you everyone for your support for the past 1000 days (it's soooo long, isn't it ?) Your little acts of appreciation made my day.


God bless you.


From, Mrs. HH Lee - the 1001-days-old Principal

3 comments:

Datin Seri ARAA said...

A good leader takes people to where the want to go. A great leader takes people to where they don't necessarily want to go but ought to be... Happy 1000 days Mrs. Lee! ;D

partridge student said...

CIK AZANA was here!

Yukana vi Britannia said...

Happy 1000th day in MGS!

Believe it or not, MGS does gives a good impression. =) Its up to the students to continue bringing up the school's name.

Like what Mr Goh, an ex MGS teacher said 'Are you girls still lifting the banner, and bearing it onwards??' XD